Monday, November 7, 2016

Conversation Between a Believer and the Lord Jesus on Suffering


Believer: Lord, why am I suffering when I am your believer and follower?  I don't think I must suffer as your child.

Lord Jesus: My beloved child, when did I say you won’t suffer when you believe in me and follow me? Haven't you heard me well? I plainly said.....
"In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)  
"If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." This speaks about the invitation to suffer. (Luke 9:23)   
"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." (Matthew 7:13-14)
"Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God." (Acts 14:22) 
"For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake." (Philippians 1:29)  
"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you." (1 Peter 4:12) 
Believer: Lord, I don't understand this. Why should I suffer as your believer and follower?

Lord Jesus:
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." (James 1:2-3)  
"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." (Romans 5:3-5)  
"In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 1:6-7) 
Believer: I don't think, Lord, I can undergo these sufferings. It is beyond my ability to endure.

Lord Jesus:
"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)
Believer: What should I do, Lord, in suffering? I find it painful to go through trials.

Lord Jesus:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7) 
"Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray." (James 5:13) 
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) 
"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." (Romans 12:12)
 Believer: But, how long, O Lord, will I go through various kinds of suffering?

Lord Jesus:  
"Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand." (James 5:7-8)

"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen." (1 Peter 5:10-11)

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:1-4) 
Believer:
"I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted. Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’ Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know." (Job 42:2-3)
"Not my will, but yours, be done." (Luke 22:42)
Lord Jesus: "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him." (James 1:12)
______________________________

Enquiries: 

cstephendavid@gmail.com 

(or)

messageforourage@gmail.com

7 comments: