Monday, December 14, 2020

"IT'S MY LIFE"

 It's My Life (feat. TumaniYO) [Explicit] by Эндшпиль on Amazon Music -  Amazon.com

When I was a teenager, I enamored a pop song which was much celebrated at the time. It goes with the title "IT'S MY LIFE." That precisely defines the pulse of our depraved humanity. 

But after I became a disciple of Christ, I understood it's a lie to believe "IT'S MY LIFE." I realized, "IT'S NOT MY LIFE." 

1 Corinthians reveals who does my life belongs to. 

First, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 exhorts to flee from sexual immorality. And the reason it gives is that my life belongs to God who bought me with the blood of Christ Jesus. It says, "YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN. for you were bought with a price." It's God's life. 

Second, 1 Corinthians 8:13 speaks about giving up eating certain food that causes a Christian brother in the church stumble. My Christian brother's welfare is more important than my personal pleasure. This shows my life belongs to the community of God. I am not my own. 

Third, 1 Corinthians 7:4 teaches that a Christian married couple must satisfy each other's sexual needs, "For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does." This points out that I must give preference to my wife's needs over mine. I am not my own. I belong to her. 

You see, all the above Scriptures reveal that our life is not our own. God owns our life, and we belong to His community and our spouse. "IT'S MY LIFE" is a phrase that must never be uttered and lived by a Christian. 

Hearing this truth, one might wonder, "Then what about my joy and happiness?"

Remember, the most joyless people in the world are selfish people. True joy is not in living a selfish and individualistic life but in living for God and those He placed in our lives. Blessed is the one who lives accordingly. 

___________________________

Enquiries: 

messageforourage@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment